Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bulletin Board Frames Wall

Here in my rental home I have a very odd stairway. I will never buy a house that has a stairway like this. All my boys do is want to throw things down it. Up the stairs there is a half wall all the way around the staircase. So if you look over the wall it goes straight down two flights of stairs. My boys have started scaling this wall. They put themselves over the wall and then slide down it to the ground. Yes, leaving dirty feet marks all over it. So I decided the wall must be decorated so they can no longer do this. I have been loving the walls of frames you see everywhere you turn. So it's been about three months now that I took all of our frames and hung them up with command strips. I ordered a roll of cork board, received the cork board and put it in my craft room. You get the drift. That's what I am good at. Purchasing the supplies to make something, start it, and then never finish it. So I finished it this week.

Here is the before:
And here is the after:
I love it. And I just want to walk up and down my stairs all day now. My husband asked me if I was planning on hanging the Easter Bunny up with them. I didn't think it was very funny! I love the bright pastel colors. He better watch out or maybe I just will! This project was super simple. First I removed the glass and the back of each frame. Keep the back, discard the glass. Then cut the cork board to the back of the frame. I also mod podge the back of each piece of cork to the back of the frame to keep it from rolling, since it came to me rolled. Then I spray painted the frames and scratched them up with sand paper. Then put the cork and the back of the frame back together and hang up.



Grab your pins and stick up the kids artwork.

It brings a smile to my face every time I walk past.

And the boys are so proud of their art museum.

Have you joined the wall of frames craze yet? If you have link up in the comments I would love to check yours out!


Oh and just because I know someone will ask. Yes, I have a ton of corkboard left so stay tuned for more projects using that. I got my roll, which is very thick industrial corkboard made to last years here. And what are command strips? Um, the most awesome picture hanging devise ever! You can check them out here. And No, I am not affiliated with either company. Just love their stuff!

34 comments:

  1. I love the impact of the arrangement! What fun colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea...I'm thinking this would be fun on a wall in our playroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the variety of frames you have! We live in a split-level and I want to do this on our stairs going up. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Something like this would be great in my tiny office space in our dining room :) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so clever and colorful, love it. I think the art work is the best part;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen anything like this, what a cool and different take then the traditional photos up the stairs! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea! Think you could convince my hubby to go for it? Yeah, didn't think so. Ah well, maybe if I keep working on him he'd go for it. I love what you did, I would, and want to do it in my stairway, that's how much I love it!
    I'm your newest follower!
    http://kensingtoncottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, sorry, I was visiting from Time Travel Thursdays! At Brambleberry Cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this fantastic idea!!! I've featured this post on my blog! go take a peek! Thanks again!

    http://sarahndipities.blogspot.com/2010/10/friday-finds-bulletin-board-frames-wall.html

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the colors you chose.

    Kimra
    crafty-cove.blogspot.com
    kimraskreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to do this- it'll be perfect for my little artists

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Ucreate. I did something like this earlier this year:

    http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2010/07/reveal-our-art-gallery.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are really nice..what a great idea.....hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! Think we might have a kid art gallery coming to our house VERY soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I wished my kids were little so I could do this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cool idea! I'm always loving ways to display my kids' artwork. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I shared your post on my blog...go see!

    http://blog.hummiesworld.com/2010/10/display-digital-scrapbooking-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Shannon- I love it! What a fun project! Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Men - always the decorating critics! As you indicated, that parcel of wall space makes you happy now. And that's what matters, right?

    Thanks for linking to my party. I look forward to having you join me each week.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like it!! :D
    I have to say, I could see you flipping thru a PB catalog in a few months and say "hey! that was my idea!" It's just so cute!
    ~new follower xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this idea! Will be linking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a cute idea. I'm always looking for ways to get the kid artwork off the fridge....with six kids it gets full really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. We made one and it will be up on my blog on Monday the 8th -- Had a few difficulties with it though!!

    Linked back to you with credit for the great idea-- thank you!!

    Fondly,
    pink and green mama
    MaryLea

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow amazing post,great stuff!You do such creative craft sharing the talents of your family members by posting their work into a bulletin board frame in to your house wall.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Making something like this will make your children feel like they have to strive harder in art since it is being exposed to walls. One way or another, this will give a good output.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice idea. It can be a appreciation frames, where you can put all works of you kids and all of their achievements. Isn't it great?
    Very well appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  27. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Tell your hubby he's lucky it's just a stairway wall. Those are the colors of my family room. =)

    I saw this on Pinterest and it is absolutely perfect for my entry hallway. I put the kids artwork there anyway, but it doesn't look this great. We have an ever revolving gallery and this is the best idea I've seen for easily and prettily displaying it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will do it for my daughter´s room she will love it! thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the idea, so creative. I'm thinking of a large frame as a message center. Thanks for getting my mind working.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the link to the rolled cork. I bought some at a craft store and it was too flimsy. I was getting frustrated since it was all I could find. I can't wait to get it in the mail. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...