Monday, September 20, 2010

Glass Soda Bottle Soap Dispenser

Some times inspiration comes randomly. My family had some fun sodas the other night in glass bottles. I immediately knew I wanted to do something with the bottles because I loved them. And then it came to me. To make them into hand soap dispensers. It was so easy. And I love the unique and antique look to them! Totally the style I want to take my home in so I love em.
The first one I did has a basic pump top.

The other has a drip top. Which I LOVE. But didn't know if it was the best idea to go in my guest bathroom where all the little boys that visit my house go about their business. So they got the pump one. The rest of the sinks have this drip one.

All you have to do is turn it over and the soap drips right out.

You want to make some right? It's super easy. Like really. Grab a 1 inch cork, I got mine in packs of 6 from Michael's. Drill a hole into the center of the cork, all the way through to the other side.

Grab a plastic straw. Not a fast food restaurant straw but a thick plastic straw. Press it down into the hole in the cork.

Keep pushing it until it comes all the way out the other end about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch.

Then cut of the other end, which is the wider end of the cork, in an angle about 1 inch up from the cork top.

Stick your cork in your bottle.

It's really as easy that! You can do it. For the pump top I simply took an old Suave lotion bottle, removed the pump. Took the plastic ring of the pump (this is the part that screws onto the bottle) and used my electric sander and sanded about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom and screwed it onto the glass bottle.


Let me know if you try them out! And if you would like to get your hands on one but don't want to have to make it yourself...they are over in my shop! (The drip one is anyways...)

7 comments:

  1. Loving it! I had done the Ball jar soap dispenser a year ago or so, but the top part has gotten all rusty from water drips. Now I've got an excuse to go get some fun soda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear!!!!!!!!!!seriously...you are just so talented. that is sooo beyond my brain...you are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I just did this with a blue mason jar in my kitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such a great idea! How cool . . . I just recently saw a tutorial for a mason jar soap dispenser, and now this, too! They are sooo cute:) Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great explanations and cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Dispenser

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bottle would look much prettier with a metal pump top instead of the plastic one. (onedreamdesign.com) has them!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...