Wednesday, May 11, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday}... Hair Extension Holder

If you have clip in hair extensions you know how hard it is to keep them stored and safe. You can purchase storage cases. But I don't take mine anywhere with me, unless they are securely attached to my head. So I didn't want to pay the $20 for one. So instead I have come up with my own Cheap version of how to store them! Are you with me? Let's get started.

Grab a piece of foam board or cardboard. Cut it down to 24 inches across by 2 inches high. Then take a ribbon and hot glue the end onto the back about an inch in and 1/2 inch from the top.
Take it clear to the other end and hot glue it on the back again. Repeat with one more ribbon 1/2 inch from the other edge. 
Then grab command strips and place on on each end. 
Remove the strip covers and place it directly on  your wall. Make sure it is even. 
Then start clipping those extensions to the ribbon.
Keep going. This will fit one complete extension pack. 
All your hair nice in a row. (PS. My younger sister's all think this is disgusting. So if you do too, I'm sorry.) 
My problem is I have two hair extension packs. I keep one straight and one curly. So I can just grab them and plop them in and go. So I scooted my curly ones over to make room for my straight ones. You have to put them tight together this way. But heck, who cares. It's just for storage. 
Now I can tease my sister's to come and pet my wall. I didn't realize human hair extensions could make someone dry heave. Well, they can. My sister does. She thinks it's just wrong. I disagree.
How do you store your hair extensions when they aren't on your head?


5 comments:

  1. this is genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just google searching images to see if there was something sold for home storage but was finding nothing till i saw your photo's, i had thought something like this might work but wasn't sure so figured if i found a buyable one like this, i would make myself one but i see yours works so will be making mine. ps, i get how they could think its creepy but i don't, as it is i have a 10" pony tail of my hair on my desk since my hair was getting way to long (now the longest hair extensions i could find, that i bought in red to add colour to my hair, are not 8-10" to short for my hair, and i am no longer constantly sitting and pulling my own hair haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I googled "hair extensions holder" and your page came up... It was Exactly what I was looking for!! I went to the store today and bought all the materials and made my own holder tonight! Thanks so much for the great idea, and I have already passed your page along to my other 'extension' friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your share posts,welcome to our clip in hair extensions online official outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sisters are "buggin" aka crazy to think this is nasty. I think its smart and simple.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...