Wednesday, May 4, 2011

{Thrifty Thursday}... Turquoise Gladiator Sandals

I absolutely LOVE knock-off's and I have a list nearly a million years long! So I am so excited for Thursdays! So I can knock my list down!!! With Spring somewhere around the corner... (What's up Utah??? It is May!) I thought it would be great to cross of these gladiator sandals from my list!!!

Here is what inspired me. I adore turquoise. Like I love it. I really wouldn't mind if my wedding ring had a turquoise stone in it. I really love it that much!!! (But I love my diamond even more...)

(That's the biggest I could get the picture without it being fuzzy on blogger... Head on over to the website to get a real look at them. They are Cynthia Vincent Turquoise Stone Jewel Thong Flat selling for $138.00.

I also like this version.
They are the Mystique Sandal selling for $165.00.

Yeah. Way too much money for my life. I'm not sure if I would ever pay that much for a sandal. Even when my husband does graduate and we do have that much money. I'm just not like that.

But... I can make my own! And so can you! It was really simple.

Remember these sandals? My sister bought them at Old Navy for $3.00. And then never wore them. When she left on her mission she gave them to me!!! I took them apart to make a headband and left the rest of the sandal. I told you I would be using it... and this is the day.

So grab a basic gladiator sandal. One like this.
Then grab some cabochons. At first I used three turquoise colored ones in a row, but I liked the contrast of having the larger black one. So that is what I ended up using. If I had a white gladiator sandal I would have used a brown/green combination. But the blue and gold against the copper was screaming at me. Hot glue the cabochons right onto the sandal. 
Now, you could leave it as is. That is if you want your stones to fall right off the second you put them on. The Hot Glue isn't going to do it alone. Grab some scrap fabric and cut it to the shapes of the stones. 
And then hot glue it to the back of the stone and across the sandal strap to the other side of the stone. 
Yep. That will do. Slide them on and enjoy their beauty. I love how simple they turned out. But what a bold statement they make at the same time. 
And let me tell you how huge this is. Because gladiator sandals aren't my thing... I think it's like wearing a thong for your feet... That being said. They are comfortable... 
And don't mind the fact for some reason I had my feet way off the back of the sandals to take the photo. I guess I wasn't paying much attention to that. I was worried about the sandal!
What do you think? Let me know if you try it out! I would love to see them if you do!!!



7 comments:

  1. These are super cute!! What a great idea. I've needed a pair of more sparkly sandals for a while I think I'm going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!!! I also really like you toe nails!! Awesome color and flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are cute!!! I kind of like the ones you made better than the (way too) expensive ones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really cute! I also love your nail polish....and I bought the rock on dry shampoo, and its A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!! love it, my new fav. hair thingy =D thanks!!!!!!! and yes it smells really good

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute Shannon! and I love the little flowers on your toes.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...