Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How to make your hair look naturally wavy without curling it...

You know that perfect curl? The one that all those naturally curly hair girls have. It's like a ringlet, but just oh so perfect. Well. I have straight hair. And sometimes I like a little curl. Not like a full on curl but that tight natural look. Just like this.
So... how do I do it? Well, I'd love to share with you!

I shower at night. Then I take the front of my hair and twist it down to one side. Bobby pinning the end at about my ear. 
Then I take a section back and I twist it the other direction. And bobby pin it back at my ear. 
Then I take one last piece at the base of my head and twist it back the other direction. And again I bobby pin it at the end. 
And I go to sleep. When I wake up I look a little bit like this. 
It's a little bit poofy and a little bit crazy. Don't worry. Take out the bobby pins and let it down. 
And you'll have yourself some oh so lovely curly hair. 
It's perfect to give the roots that curly texture and little umph from just your straight look. I love to do this and then pull my hair back in a loose up do. 
Or it's fun to wear it down and messy. 
And act like you've got natural curls like that girl you've always had your eye on.

Now just a little hint. The tighter you wrap your twist when your hair is wet the tighter your curl is going to be. If you want your curl going to the end of your hair then keep twisting to the end and secure with an elastic, instead of at the base of your head with a bobby pin!

Let me know if you give it a try! I'd love to see your curls!!!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!! I can't wait to try it with my neck length hair. By the way you sure look great you should be a model!!!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...