Friday, February 22, 2013

Salted Caramel Cupcakes

Posting this right now is killing me. Literally. I'm not only off of soda, which is killing me... oh the cravings for a cherry coke... when will you end? I'm also going to the gym every morning... oh yeah, and I'm on a diet. And it sucks. Like a eat nothing diet. The first one I've ever been on and I think I'm literally eating myself alive... If I don't start losing pounds it's not going to be pretty. That being said. I'm making these in my mind as I post this. They are sooo yummy... Not to chocolaty, not too sweet... just perfect. Perfect I tell you.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Eight photo IMG_0131_zps87168d48.jpg  
And I'm really proud because I totally made it up on the spot. Bam, just like that. I think I'm finally getting the hang of this baking thing. But enough of that. Let's get started.
 
SALTED CARAMEL CUPCAKES
1 vanilla cake mix and ingredients on the box
1 large chocolate pudding mix
1 pkg dream whip and ingredients on the box
caramel sauce
kosher salt
Heath Toffee Bits
 
Mix cake mix according to box. Add chocolate pudding to batter. Pour into cupcake papers and bake according to cake mix box.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes One photo IMG_0121_zps22ea19bf.jpg  
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Two photo IMG_0122_zps1eb7ac92.jpg  
 
Let the cupcakes cook 3-4 minutes.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Three photo IMG_0125_zps0c9b59a4.jpg  
Then take the caramel sauce and insert the tip of the dispenser into the top of the cupcake and squirt in a little caramel.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Four photo IMG_0126_zpsd7636c82.jpg  
 
Let it soak in and repeat one more time so each cupcake received two squirts of caramel inside.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Five photo IMG_0127_zps2d6a9838.jpg  
Whip up the dream whip according to the package and using a piping bag circle it from the outer edge of the cupcake to the center. Then drizzle a little bit of caramel sauce on the very center of the dream whip, letting it drip down slightly.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Six photo IMG_0129_zps358c9e1b.jpg  
Then take a pinch of kosher salt and sprinkle it on the center of the caramel. It will melt right in.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Seven photo IMG_0130_zps051031cf.jpg  
 
Add a little Heath Toffee Bits to the top as well.
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Nine photo IMG_0133_zpsb7e58ab4.jpg 
 
And that's it. You're done. Oh how I wish you could share one with me. They are divine. Really, they are. Savory and Sweet and Chocolaty but not too much. That's it. Try it and let me know what it's like! You won't regret it. You won't!!!
 
Salted Caramel Cupcakes Ten photo IMG_0134_zpsf4b174c7.jpg  
 
Oh man, I really want one. Really I do... is it okay if I lick the computer screen? Okay, I'll stop now.
Shannon

3 comments:

  1. Oh man! Good for you! No way could I make and not eat these! They look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... Those look incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were so good and its a good thing I haven't made them since my diet or I probably would have eaten one... Or nine...

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say? Shout it here! I LOVE to hear what you're thinking!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...